This is a step by step guide on setting up your own SSL / TLS Certificates in Ignision Standard Edition:
- Open Ignision Standard Edition and click on the "RDP" tab:
- Click Generate on TLS Private Key and select your Key bit-depth:
- Click, "OK" and it will give you a Generating window and if the Ignision Directory doesn't exist you want to create it. click, "Yes":
- After it's done you should see, "Bits: 4096" or the bit-depth you chose to enter. Now you should be able to click, "View" or "Delete" the, "TLS Private Key":
- Next we want to click, "Generate" On The TLS Certificate:
- Fill out the Required information on Certificate Information page and click, "OK".
- You should see, "Generating..." progress bar
- After the Certificate is generated. You will see under TLS Certificate, "Certificate is valid!"
- Now the fields, "View" and "Delete" are clickable. You can check to make sure your certificate is correct by clicking, "View":
- Afterwards close the the TLS Certificate window and click Save. Now you have Successfully generated a SSL / TLS Certificate.
If want to place your own custom SSL / TLS Certificates. You will need to place them in: /Library/Preferences/Ignision/
Info title Custom Certificate Info
Info: If you are placing your own custom Certificate, Private Key and CA Bundle needs to be labeled as following:
Certificate Name: server.crt
Private Key Name: server.key
Ca Bundle Nameserver.ca or server.cabundle